...Faster each day! And it's been far too long since an update. This sweet little man has me running like crazy, and I wouldn't want it any other way!! I've had great-grandparents emailing wondering where we are, as well as friends who have simply given up on me in the blogging world. For that, I apologize! I hate letting people down, and I hate missing episodes of favorite shows, as well as I can't stand starting a book just to leave it on an airplane! So I've had this frustrating inner battle with keeping up Harper's story via his website, and letting it die because I'm so far behind! There are many factors for this lull. I think this winter as Gus came home for four days and then was sent away for another month I got discouraged. Frustrated with the fishing lifestyle. Angry that we couldn't have our promised family time together. Sad, as Harper struggled with his vanishing Daddy. And so we began clinging to each day, and to each other.
This year is a ship yard year. It happens every three years. And every time it approaches I silently kick and scream in frustration. Everyone I know hates ship yard. I used to adore it. It used to be a fun escape from dental hygiene school in the sticks (Google LaGrande, Oregon and you'll totally understand) to head into the city (Seattle) and catch a baseball game with my boyfriend, go out together for wonderful meals and great wine parings.
Then we got married... I realized that we could spend every second together not on that boat and all of a sudden ship yard became extremely undesirable. Ship yard takes up family time. Gus is in Seattle from Sunday night through Friday night every single week. Usually during the spring we plan trips, garden as a family, or just try to have a normal mundane home life. I love that time, and so do Gus and Harper! And I become a bitter Momma! It's not pretty.....Quite ugly in fact.
But yesterday I had a moment. A moment that I want to remember forever. Which leads me back to this journal of my sweet boy's beautiful life. As Harper called for Momma after his nap, I skipped up the stairs to greet him with a kiss. He met me with a smile, and I scooped him up. Still struggling to wake, he laid his cheek on my shoulder. Now, this doesn't happen very often as I like to describe my little Harper as high-octane. He's constantly running, climbing, talking, dancing, singing, riding. So I carried him from our bed to our bathroom. I gazed at him in the mirror while swaying, singing to him softly our song. He laid with tired eyes, and when they met mine he would smile, urging me to continue the song. He would squeeze my neck and give me a grin with that wonderful sparkle in his eye. I didn't want it to end. I know I can't put that moment into words that can do it justice, so my apologies, but I never want to forget that moment. Just me and my little man. How blessed I am by him. It's those moments that make all the hard work and sleepless nights seem not so bad! (yes, he still doesn't sleep through the night!)
These are for you great grandpa Keith and Nanci!
Sliding at the park a few weeks ago.
On a quick road trip to Bend, Oregon with Momma and Daddy. He loves to plug his ears! I promise I wasn't singing!
Last Tuesday in Ballard, Washington at a parade! He was in it, and we pretended to be Norwegian for the day!
Harper in the parade in an English Mini waving to all of the people! He waved for close to two hours. He loved being in that little car!
Flashback! While in Seattle for the week last week visiting Daddy we stayed with friends who have a three month old. Harper enjoyed reverting back to his infant ways! Makes this Momma wonder where all the time went!
Harper snuggling with his "arf arf". His latest must-have in bed. Too cute.
Harper at the park in Edmonds, Wa. It was warm and sunny, but the babe can't stand to be without his knit hat. Thanks Gram, for the favorite beanie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment