Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dada is Home!!

Harper and I packed up super early last Wednesday morning (like 3:30am early!) and drove to the airport to pick up Gus!!  We were all exhausted by the end of the day, but we were so happy to have everyone in one place!  At first while Harper and I were waiting for Gus to get off the plane Harper was a little upset...and confused.  Who could blame him?!  It was early, it was dark, cold, and he was strapped into his car seat.  Then Gus came and sat next to him to say hello.  He was slightly unsure.  We drove to a convenience store for something to drink...and it was the only thing open that early in the morning!  I know super classy, and not ideal...but we didn't care!  Instantly Harper was drawn to Gus.  He was checking out his face, and smiling, and was in love with him all over again!  We let Harper "drive" in the front seat while we caught up and tired Harper out enough to make it home!  That night, Harper was too excited to sleep very well, and every time he looked over at Gus in our bed he was ready to play!  Around 3 in the morning I woke to Harper making happy sounds looking at his daddy.  He said, "Hi dada.....dada dada"  and he kept smiling and shaking his head like he couldn't believe he was home!  It was the sweetest thing!  Then he snuggled back to sleep until we all woke up...Our family rule is it's not time to wake up until we can see outside!

Then on Friday evening Harper out of the blue looked at us and pointed to his eye and said, "Eye!" with a big smile!  It was so sweet!  I guess our body part lessons are starting to pay off!  He's just too cute!

 Harper playing in his Cozy Coupe the day Grandma Joanne got home from Alaska.  She gave him this stellar hat!
 Great Grandpa Keith came down for a visit!
 Harper walking his walker toy.  He loves this thing!  He practically runs all over our living room!
 Harper's friend Styles had his first birthday September 28th.  We were at his party...Here's the boys playing the piano!
 Harper's other buddy Jake found a smaller, easy to reach piano!
 The boys playing the guitar...They sure do love their musical instruments!
 While Grandma Joanne was home we celebrated Great Far Far's birthday one evening while Great Uncle Steve was up from California visiting!
 One day Joanne and I took Harper to Geppetto's toy shoppe in Cannon Beach to play with the train set. He loved it almost as much as his daddy did when he was little!
 He didn't want to leave!
 But we took him to the park after lunch to swing!!!....
 ...And slide!  He loved it all!
 October 5th brought Harper's 13 month photo shoot!  We finger painted earlier that morning so I thought that would be a good poster for the month!
 Showing off!
 This is how he peeks for his toys under the coffee table.  It's adorable!
 He's always crawling away on to something new!

 Two Thursdays ago Harper had a play date with his due date buddy, Ethan!
 Harper loved Ethan's work bench!

 And Ethan's skateboard!
 Grabbing for each other's hands....When they first met at three months old they were caught holding hands back then too!
 Ethan is too cute for words!
 The boys sharing a trike!
 Brook, Ethan, Harper, and I!
 Harper finally got to take his Cozy Coupe outside for a walk!  He loves doing that!  On this ride we even saw a male deer up close!
 My sweet boy...
 This morning Harper was dancing!
I can't get enough of this sleepy early morning face!!

Until next time!!

2 comments:

  1. So, so cute! Glad your family is back together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim! I've been a naughty blogger....Pam has been on my case about it too!

    ReplyDelete