Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We Are Still Alive!!

I can't believe I haven't written....I make sticky notes on my phone of so many fun things that I need to blog about, and then my busy busy toddler (yes, we have a walker on our hands!) decides he wants to do everything with Mommy right by his side!  I am completely okay with this (and love how he marvels me) but this leaves our blog untouched.  So much has happened between month 13 of life and month 14!

Harper is sleeping horribly lately...I think he's scared he's going to miss out on something!  We are back to two naps a day...one around 11 or noon to 1 or 2...and then finally his last one around 5 or 6.  I rush to the gym while Dad "watches" Harper (He's been blessed with the easy shifts!), and then our little man is up until at least 10 every evening!!  This leaves little time for Momma's hobbies (blog!)...But he's such an amazing little man, I can't get over it!  Still swimming, still loving music class...In fact, every time we get into the car he can't wait for us to turn his cd of music on!  He then dances by bopping his upper body around, or patting his legs repeatedly, and when he really gets into it, he'll wave his little hands around in some rhythmic fashion.  I love it!  My favorite moments are when we're driving as a family in the rain and all three of us are dancing wildly!  Those are memories I want to keep with me forever!

Sooo......Harper began walking a couple of weeks ago!  Just in the last couple days I would consider him able to walk outside without falling!  He just started letting go of things and walking a few steps.  It is such an amazing sight.  Every time I see him toddling around with the biggest smile of satisfaction on his face I get so happy.  He is so proud of his accomplishments, and I can't believe that we have come this far so fast.  I've been working on a list of things I never want to forget from his birth to present, but I haven't got it together...Add it to my list of things to do!!!  What sparked Harper's interest in walking was a walking toy that my wonderful cousins from Chicago sent him!  When you walk with it these big wooden, brightly colored beads twirl around.  He loves it!

Harper also got his first fever (okay second) over Halloween weekend.  That Friday we went to Portland for doctors appointments for both of us, and Grammy Strickland rode along to help with Harper (she was such a blessing for us both!), and all of us had a great day together.  That evening Gus and I dressed Harper in his little duckie costume and took him to the fall festival at church.  He had a good time looking at all the funny dressed kids.  We stayed for about thirty minutes and went home.  He had a difficult time sleeping that evening but still seemed in good spirits...around midnight he felt a little warm, so I checked his temperature.  It was almost 102!  It peaked at 103 the following night and came with a lovely congested head.  Through it all he was still happy as a clam, and I watched him sleep most of each night, scared he was too hot, or too chilled, or uncomfortable....all the while he slept...somewhat peacefully!  I overreacted, I know....It's sort of my thing!  And his first fever was just over 100 when he was two months old!

Harper has really been enjoying all of the get togethers each weekend with friends for various football games, his daddy's 27th birthday, among other miscellaneous things.  He especially loves helping me bake cookies, or breads, etc.  His favorite is the mixer, and the wooden spoon!

Today we made playdoh...he wasn't too into it, but wanted to feed it to the dog!  We'll work on the arts and crafts!  He definitely seems to enjoy the process of putting things together, mixing things, seeing how they are put together...I always say, I love his thinking face...It's so cute, his lips are pursed in the slightest way, and he's very serious!

He has a handful of words, with the latest being, "up".  It's all just too cute...Every day I feel blessed to be graced by our little man, and every day he amazes me more than the day before...I haven't forgotten about the post about his first birthday...still having technical difficulties with my computer which is where all of the photos are!!  I'm working on it!!

 Daddy came home and now Harper sees out of the windshield in the car!
 This was October 20.  In the mail from my cousins came this fabulous toy that He couldn't get enough of!
 He got ten consecutive steps in a row at his best!  He tried for an hour or more!  Look how proud he is!
 He kept falling down on his bum and looking at his Dad saying, "uh-uh, uh-uh!"...as if to say, "again, again!"  By October 27, he was letting go of things on his own to walk a few steps, but he would still crawl as soon as he fell because of it's efficiency!  He's walking more now and crawling less, but still uses both forms of transportation!
 Harper, Gus, and I were invited to friends for dinner one evening.  We all had a great time!  Kenna and JW's little girl, Gracie, and Harper loved playing with her toys!  Harper was pretty into pushing around Gracie's stroller...Ever since that evening, Harper has been trying to put stuffed animals or coasters or whatever he can find on his walker toys, instead of the baby doll Gracie had!
 As stated earlier, Harper had a fever over Halloween weekend...But Friday before he felt too bad he got to wear his costume a little!  He was a baby duck!
 He was pretty excited about walking towards me!
 On Halloween he got a laptop of his own from Grammy and Poppy!  He loves computers!
 More comfortable out of his costume...this boy finds utter bliss in nakedness!  He resembles a pumpkin here with Uncle Aaron!
 The day after Halloween we hit the 70 degree mark in town and our deck was probably close to 80!  So Harper got more play time.  I love our Trex deck...No splinters, and no shoes required (or pants!).
 Two of Harper's favorite toys!
 Again, we were able to pass off and give Gus a little snuggle time with the sleepy babe...This rarely happens!  And we document it every time!
 Gus' 27th birthday and Harper's 14th month birthday fell on the same day!  We always have a party for him with friends, food, and spirits....Harper usually loves our Harper sannie (sandwich), but here he seems a little frustrated!
 Yesterday it was a little blustery, so we made Playdoh together!  This boy loves to cook!
 He's adding the flour...
 Lily got a taste too!  She was obsessed with our concoction!
 Next came the salt!
 And oil.....and hot water!
 As it cooled, we mixed it to form a ball!
 And here's the finished product!  He liked to pinch pieces off and feed it to the dog!
 Harper's 14 month photo shoot!
 Walking!
 Sitting criss-cross-applesauce!
Mid-pinch!  He's the cutest!  He and his uncle wear matching fleece camo pants when it's rainy out!

2 comments: